Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering
- Learn how to take a disciplined and rigorous approach to defining your business requirements
- Develop a set of practices and processes to identify requirements in order to develop business and IT solutions
- Learn how to draw out information and requirements from key business stakeholders
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis
Who is it for?
- This Practitioner Certificate is designed for people who want to elicit, analyse, validate, document and manage requirements
- Suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no requirements, but candidates should have some practical experience of business analysis.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn how to take a systematic approach to eliciting, analysing, validating, documenting and managing requirements. The certificate includes:
- An introduction to the requirements engineering process
- The hierarchy of requirements
- How to identify stakeholders in the requirements process
- How to elicit requirements
- Modelling, designing and analysing requirements
- Requirements management
The syllabus includes training objectives, details of modules and learning hours, plus a recommended reading list.
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last 3 days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘open book’ written exam, based on a business scenario
- Pass mark is 50%
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other modules as well as this core module.
International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Available once you’ve completed 4 modules: 2 core modules, 1 knowledge module and 1 practitioner module
- You’ll have an oral examination to discuss your experience and capabilities