Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering
- Learn how to take a disciplined and rigorous approach to defining your business requirements
- Develop a set of practices and processes to identify requirements in order to develop business and IT solutions
- Learn how to draw out information and requirements from key business stakeholders
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis
Who is it for?
- This Practitioner Certificate is designed for people who want to elicit, analyse, validate, document and manage requirements
- Suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no requirements, but candidates should have some practical experience of business analysis.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn how to take a systematic approach to eliciting, analysing, validating, documenting and managing requirements. The certificate includes:
- An introduction to the requirements engineering process
- The hierarchy of requirements
- How to identify stakeholders in the requirements process
- How to elicit requirements
- Modelling, designing and analysing requirements
- Requirements management
We have recently updated the syllabus for this course and it will be launching soon. The two syllabi will run in parallel while we complete the transition throughout our network. Please check with your individual provider which syllabus they are working from. New/upcoming syllabus
The syllabus includes training objectives, details of modules and learning hours, plus a recommended reading list.
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last 3 days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘open book’ written exam, based on a business scenario
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other modules as well as this core module.
International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Available once you’ve completed 4 modules: 2 core modules, 1 knowledge module and 1 practitioner module
- You’ll have an oral examination to discuss your experience and capabilities