Practitioner Certificate in Data Management Essentials
- Demonstrate how to implement good practice in data management
- Understand how to develop procedures for managing corporate date
- Know how to work within the data management team, and the roles and responsibilities within data management
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis
Who is it for?
- The Practitioner Certificate is for people who want to develop an understanding of data management within the corporate environment
- Suitable for business analysts, business managers, business change managers and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no entry requirements for this certification#
What will I learn?
You will develop an understanding of data management, including:
- What is required for the administration of data and database management
- The roles and skills required in data and database administration, and repository administration
- How to contribute to technology direction evaluation when creating a data charter
- How to develop procedures for managing an organisation's corporate data resource
- How to understand and employ data analysis, and privacy, security and recovery procedures
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last 4 days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘open book’ written exam, preceded by 15 minutes’ reading time
- Based on a business scenario
- Pass mark is 50%
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
"Studying the BCS certifications keeps my knowledge fresh and alive, giving an extra boost to the tasks I do during my working day"Donna Rozycki, Business Analyst, Zurich
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other modules as well as this core module.
International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Available once you’ve completed 4 modules: 2 core modules, 1 knowledge module and 1 practitioner module
- You’ll have an oral examination to discuss your experience and capabilities